Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do I change my password?
- A: After you are logged into your account, you can modify your password with the “Modify Profile” utility. It appears in the menu on the left.
- Q: Can I change my e-mail address, even though it is my username?
- A: Yes you can. You can modify your username/e-mail address with the “Modify Profile” utility. It appears in the menu on the left. This will not change any configurations of your changes and you will not lose any videos that you have already uploaded.
- Q: How do I tell people about my video channel page?
- A: YourEZVideo.com is just a tool to provide the hosting of your videos. The assumption is that you have an existing website or blog on the Internet already and you just need an addition place to store you videos on the Internet. You would then link to your video channels from your existing website or blog. If you do not have an existing website, please check out http://www.yourezhosts.com.
- Q: Where do I get my activation code?
- A: When you create your account, you should have received an e-mail message stating what your activation code is and how to activate your account. If you did not receive this message, there is a link on the Account Activation page to have this information resent to your e-mail. If after doing that, you still do not receive your activation code… please use the “Contact Us” page to send a message to YourEZVideo.com. In that message be sure to include your e-mail address. We will take a look and see what the issue is with you not receiving your e-mail messages.
- Q: What is a support ticket?
- A: The support ticket system is for existing users of the system. It directly opens a service ticket with YourEZVideo.com. We encourage all users to create another account within this system once they start using the site on a regular basis. The accounts on the main webpage are not the same as in the support ticket system.
- Q: Am I allowed to post commercial movies on my account? I would like to have them linked off of my Blog so that people can download them.
Account Usage – Storage Purchase
- Q: How long is a 5mb video?
- A: A 5mb .flv video is about 2 minutes and 15 seconds long. This of course is approximate since there are so many variables to calculate the duration of a video, but that is a pretty good estimate. If you look at the pricing page, we have supplied a column that will give you the approximate durations for the amount of storage space. This is to help you determine how much space you wish to purchase.
- Q: How do you calculate the disk space usage?
- A: The disk space usage is based on the amount of disk space of all of your .flv video files. We do not calculate how much space you use in the databases or within other areas of your account such as the channel settings. This calculation is not of the files that you are uploading, but of the converted .flv files which are smaller in size.
- Q: Why does the button no longer say “Upload video”? It now says “Purchase space”.
- A: You have exceeded the storage space that is allocated to your account. With FREE accounts, this is 5Mb. Please see the Pricing page for more details. If you would like to continue to use the FREE account, you will have to remove videos in order to be able to upload more.
- Q: Can I purchase more disk space although my plan has not expired yet?
- A: Yes. When you make the purchase we will manually calculate the difference and in some cases, just upgrade your account and extend the expiration date to accommodate the newer purchase. For example: If you had purchase the “B” plan for 100Mb that expires in December, and in October you purchase the “C” that expires in a year. We will adjust the expiration date to credit your account for what you have already purchase for November and December under the “B”. In this case, we would extend your expiration date to November instead of October for your “C” plan giving you and extra month at the higher storage capacity. This is another reason why the purchasing is not an automated process.
- Q: My PayPal account is registered under a different e-mail address. Can I use the different account to make my purchase or should I create a new PayPal account?
- A: Yes. Part of the invoice for your purchase contains your account name for YourEZVideo.com. That way, you can use any PayPal account to make the purchase.
- Q: Do I have to have a PayPal account to make a purchase?
- A: No. When you go to check out, you can by-pass the creation of a PayPal account and just use a credit card to make the purchase. If you are a business or non-profit organization that would like to pay for the account with a check or purchase order, you will need to contact YourEZVideo.com directly through the “Contact Us” page in order to establish this form of payment.
- Q: How do I know when my account will expire?
- A: In the top right hand corner there is information pertaining to your account. Included in this information is your account expiration date.
- Q: How do I know how much disk space is being used and I need to purchase more disk space?
- A: In the top right hand corner there is information pertaining to your account. Included in this information is a gauge that shows your disk space usage.
- Q: What happens if my account goes inactive and I do not renew my purchase?
- A: If an account expires, and the disk space is not renewed, the channel page will not work. When a user goes to your channel page to view your videos, they will be redirected to another page showing the YourEZVideo.com logo. To fix this issue, simply renew your account and that restriction will be lifted. If an account stays dormant for 60 days, it will be removed from the system.
- Q: What is a channel?
- A: A channel is basically the term we at YourEZVideo.com use for a webpage that features your videos. We also use it as a container to organize your videos within the editing software. A channel page can be customized to look like your existing webpage or blog, or you can leave the default template if you wish. Each channel is assigned a unique number so that the system knows which videos to work with.
- Q: How many channels can I have?
- A: Unlimited. The amount of channels that you have does not affect your disk space usage or your account in anyway. Create as many channels that you want.
- Q: How many videos can I have in my channel?
- A: Unlimited. It depends on how much storage space you have as to how many videos you can have. Also, the more videos you have on a channel, the slower the channel page will load. This is because; the page has to load all of the graphics for the videos. You may want to have multiple channels if you have several videos.
- Q: Can I change the graphics on the channel page to look like my webpage?
- A: Absolutely. There are options within the channel editor where you can supply your own URLs to all of the graphics that are on the channel page.
- Q: Where do I upload my pictures in order to customize my channel page?
- A: You don’t need to upload them. Place them someplace within your existing website and then enter the appropriate URL in the right place on the channel editing page.
- Q: Is there a way to just make the channel window close instead of going to another website when a visitor clicks on the button?
- Q: When selecting colors, the color selector always open up to a different tab instead of popping up in a new window, making me have to switch between screens. Is there a way to fix this? I’m using Internet Explorer 7.0.
- A: This is a setting in Internet Explorer. Go into your Tools -> Internet Settings -> General and click on Tools -> Settings. Change, when a pop-up is encountered, to “Always open pop-ups in a new window”. This should correct your issue.
- Q: I accidently deleted my channel. Can I get it back?
- A: Although we keep backups of the system, restoration of a single channel would require the restoration of the entire database. Unfortunately we cannot restore just a single channel; you will have to recreate the channel.
- Q: Why is the thumbnail for my movie just a plain black image?
- A: The thumbnail is created when you upload your video. If you video has a black screen at the .005 second position within the video, it will be black. This is mostly caused by having a black lead-in on your video.
- Q: Can I change the video size when it appears on my channel page?
- A: Not at this time. The current design of the site only converts the videos to 320X240. We have experimented with several dimensions and have decided that this is the best for the quality as well as the disk space that is being used by your account. We may look at an option later on that would allow you to select the size of the converted video. Remember, that a user can always click on the full screen button to blow-up the size of the video.
- Q: What type of videos does YourEZVideo.com accept for upload?
- A: There is not a simple answer to this question, since the list is so large. YourEZVideo.com accepts all of the major video formats and then converts them to .FLV videos. The main engine behind the conversion is FFMEG. Look at the video codec documentation for FFMEG for details on all of the videos that are accepted.
- Q: Where do I upload my videos?
- A: In order to upload videos you have to have an existing channel. Create a new channel and then you will see an option under the thumbnail for the channel that says, “Modify Videos”. When you click on that, there is an option to upload videos.
- Q: I uploaded my video, but it is not showing in my channel. What could be wrong?
- A: Well, a few things could be wrong. Check the processing log and see if there is an entry in there about your video. If there was a problem processing it, it would be listed. Also, if there is a problem processing a video, we are automatically notified and may be working on the issue. If you are not contacted by us in a timely fashion, please open a support ticket or use our “Contact Us” page to let us know about your issue.
- Q: I’m not getting e-mail messages when my videos are being processed. Can this be fixed?
- A: These messages are generated by programming scripts and can sometimes be considered a SPAM attempt by some e-mail providers which could block these types of messages. This is why we have created the processing log as well. Please open a support ticket about this issue. Please be sure to include your e-mail address in the support ticket and we can track down to see if your provider is actually blocking the e-mail messages from being received and try to resolve this issue for you.
- Q: Can I change the title and description of the videos after they are uploaded?
- A: Yes, under the picture of your video on the Video Maintenance screen there is a button that says, “Modify Settings”. This option allows you to change the title and description of the video.
- Q: Can I modify the video after it is already uploaded?
- A: No. Once the video is uploaded, it cannot be changes. We use an extensive batch processing system to convert your uploaded videos which does not allow for re-uploads or editing of existing videos. If you need to change the video once it is online… simply delete the video and then re-upload a new version.
- Q: Can I delete videos once they have been uploaded?
- A: Yes, under the picture of your video on the Video Maintenance screen there is a button that says, “Delete this video”. This option allows you to delete the video.
- Q: Can I change the order in which my videos appear in the channel?
- A: Yes. You can do this on the “Video Maintenance” screen for the channel you wish to change. Change the order of the videos by changing the numbers in the order field next to the video. Once you are done, when you click on the “Save new video order” button, the order will be changed. You can change this at any time.
- Q: I accidently deleted a video and cannot re-upload it. Can I get it restored?
- A: Yes. There is a $5 charge for restoring files from our backups. Please open a Support Ticket and tell us the video number and channel number that the file needs to be restored to. Through the support ticket system we will provide directions on how you can make the restoration service purchase.
If you do not see a question answered that you may have,
please use our "Contact Us"
page to ask the question.